Saturday's game between No. 7 Notre Dame and Wake Forest has been postponed after another seven players tested positive for COVID-19.
Further, Notre Dame announced it has paused all football-related activities until further testing is complete.
"With student-athlete health and safety our primary focus, we will continue to follow our prevention protocols and ongoing testing procedures," Fighting Irish coach Brian Kelly said in a statement. "We managed an increase in positivity rates in August, and the players handled it wonderfully.
"We knew COVID would present challenges throughout the season, and we'll always put student-athlete health and safety at the forefront of our decision making. We look forward to resuming team activities and getting back on the playing field."
The postponement follows reports from earlier in the day that Notre Dame had canceled Tuesday's practice one day after the program announced four more positive tests for COVID-19.
The school announced another seven positive cases on Tuesday.
In addition to the four positive tests announced Monday, another six were put in quarantine after contact tracing. None of those 10 players played in Saturday's victory over South Florida, the school said Monday.
Notre Dame ruled out eight players on the two-deep roster 90 minutes before kicking off against South Florida last Saturday, though at least one was due to injury.
Notre Dame announced that the process to find a makeup date for Saturday's game at Wake Forest is underway.
--Field Level Media